Human Rights Due Diligence: Preparing for Legislation
HUMAN is a partnership between ICCO Cooperation, CNV Internationaal, and VBDO to advance the implementation of the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights in the Netherlands. In the past four years, the HUMAN conferences successfully facilitated a dialogue between companies, investors, civil society organizations, research institutions, and governments on human rights & business.
In this annual event we aim to support you in translating the aspirations of the UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights (UNGPs) in solid business practice, particularly focusing on due diligence and reporting processes.
The focus of this webinar will be on how companies and investors are dealing with human rights due diligence. A topic that is gaining attention now legislation is on its way. In a dialogue with government, companies and the financial sector it will be discussed how to best apply human rights due diligence.
The program will consist of a plenary session and multiple breakout sessions focusing on SMEs, financial institutions and multinational companies.
- How are companies implementing the OECD due diligence guidelines? (Martijn Scheltema, Erasmus University Rotterdam)
- Panel discussion on expected legislation (VNO-NCW, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Erasmus University Rotterdam)
- Break-out sessions
- Improving and complementing certification. A case study on improving labour rights in the palm oil industry | Rabobank and CNV Internationaal
- A closer look at upcoming legislation | Manon Wolfkamp, MVO Platform
- Developing a due diligence policy, dilemma’s in implementation | Louise Vytopil, Friesland-Campina
- Key takeaways
NB. We welcome everyone during the session to freely speak their mind and will therefore be held under the Chatham House Rule. As a result, the webinar is not accessible for media contacts. If you are interested in reporting this event, please contact us.Sign up