NB. The spoken language of this event is Dutch. The benchmark itself is published in English.
We are pleased to announce the publication and presentation of the VBDO Benchmark Responsible Investment by Pension Funds in the Netherlands 2021.
The presentation of the Benchmark Responsible Investments by Pension Funds in the Netherlands 2021 took place this year at Achmea IM in Zeist, during the Educational meeting for pension funds: Climate Change, Climate Risk and Transition Risk of Financial Investigator.
View the presentation
The announcement of the results of the benchmark started at 16:45. Below you will find an overview of the full program of the afternoon.
- 12:00 pm: Lunch & Registration
- 13:00: Welcome & Introduction
By Marcel Andringa, Executive Director, Pensioenfonds Metalelektro
- 13:15: Panel discussion on the integration of climate-related risks in investment portfolio
With: Alfred Slager, Professor, TIAS School for Business and Society, Director, SPH, Advisor, various pension funds and Hartwig Liersch, CIO, Pensioenfonds Metaal en Techniek
- 13:45: Identifying and mitigating climate risks in the investment portfolios of pension funds
By Mark Leeijen, Fiduciary Advisor, Achmea Investment Management
- 2:15 pm: The climate transition of pension assets
By Robin Schouten, Executive Director, Fiduciary Management, Kempen
The importance of climate has been widely recognized by pension funds. However, the speed at which climate risks materialize is much faster than many had imagined. How can a pension fund prepare itself, both in terms of governance and policy, but especially the positioning of the investments? What is effective in the short term, and what is not?
- 2.45 pm: Coffee break
- 3.15 pm: Anticipating tomorrow’s climate change
By Ruud Hadders and Kees Ouboter, both Responsible Investment Officer, ACTIAM
The ultimate effect of our current behavior is far from being fully understood. New techniques, such as the use of bioacoustics, are therefore important for detecting at an early stage which changes are occurring in the ecosystem. This not only provides us with insight into the negative consequences of climate change and the associated financial risks, but also provides us with tools to anticipate this as an investor.
- 3.45 pm: Presentation by Jane Ambachtsheer, Global Head of Sustanability, BNP Paribas Asset Management
- 4.15 pm: Panel discussion on the top 3 questions from seminar participants on Climate Change, Climate Risk and Transition Risk
With: Piet Eichholtz, Professor, University of Maastricht, Co-Founder & Partner, Finance Ideas, Fred Wouters, Senior Investment Specialist & ESG Officer, Pensioenfonds UWV, Michael Viehs, Head of ESG Integration, Federated Hermes
- 4:45 pm: Announcement VBDO Benchmark Pension Funds 2021
By Xander Urbach, Senior Project Manager Responsible Investments, VBDO
- 5:15 pm: Drinks