Plastic perspectives: an overview of listed EU+UK FMCGs and grocery retailers’ plastic strategy
Note: This webinar is in English
On November 23rd, VBDO presents her most recent study on plastic footprints, ambitions and plastic lobbying in listed European and UK grocery retailers and FMCGs. The results will be published in a VBDO theme study report.
On the day of publication, together with its member ClientEarth, VBDO will organize a webinar to present the results of this research. VBDO has conducted research on a scope of 10 grocery retailers and 8 FMCGs from the EU and UK. The results and insights of this research will be used to conclude if these listed companies are doing enough to tackle this pressing topic.
Investors will be able to gain insight on their portfolio companies, but also learn about why plastic risks should be taken seriously and how they can engage with their investee companies to address one of the sector’s most material topics.
This event is primarily focused on institutional investors, but we also welcome companies, government officials and NGO’s.
- 15:00-15:05 | Word of welcome | By Angelique Laskewitz (Executive Director of the VBDO)
- 15:05-15:15 | Expert background on plastic risks and company expectations | By Rosa Pritchard (Plastics Lawyer at ClientEarth)
- 15:15-15:25 | Results of the Plastic Perspectives report | Mart van Kuijk (Project Manager Sustainability and Responsible Investment at the VBDO)
- 15:25-15:45 | AYS’s Investor solutions alliance, upcoming shareholder proposals, achievements and challenges | Kelly McBee (Coordinator for a Circular Economy at As You Sow)
- 15:45-16:05 | What can investors expect from companies and how can investors adequately put these expectations on the agenda | Arthur van Mansvelt (Senior engagement specialist at Achmea Investment Management)
- 16:05-16:45 Panel of all the participants, led by VBDO and ClientEarth
Theme study Plastic Perspectives
You will get direct access to the webinar from 3 pm (CET) using the registration button below.Sign up