Plastic perspectives: an overview of listed EU+UK FMCGs and grocery retailers’ plastic strategy
Note: This webinar is in English
On November 23rd, VBDO presented her most recent study on plastic footprints, ambitions and plastic lobbying in listed European and UK grocery retailers and FMCGs. The results were published in a VBDO theme study report.
On the day of publication, together with its member ClientEarth, VBDO organized this webinar to present the results of the mentioned research. VBDO has conducted research on a scope of 10 grocery retailers and 8 FMCGs from the EU and UK. The results and insights of this research were used to conclude if these listed companies are doing enough to tackle this pressing topic.
During this webinar, investors will learn about why plastic risks should be taken seriously and how they can engage with their investee companies to address one of the sector’s most material topics.
This event is primarily focused on institutional investors, also of interest to companies, government officials and NGO’s.
- 15:00-15:05 | Word of welcome | By Angelique Laskewitz (Executive Director of the VBDO)
- 15:05-15:15 | Expert background on plastic risks and company expectations | By Rosa Pritchard (Plastics Lawyer at ClientEarth)
- 15:15-15:25 | Results of the Plastic Perspectives report | Mart van Kuijk (Project Manager Sustainability and Responsible Investment at the VBDO)
- 15:25-15:45 | AYS’s Investor solutions alliance, upcoming shareholder proposals, achievements and challenges | Kelly McBee (Coordinator for a Circular Economy at As You Sow)
- 15:45-16:05 | What can investors expect from companies and how can investors adequately put these expectations on the agenda | Arthur van Mansvelt (Senior engagement specialist at Achmea Investment Management)
- 16:05-16:45 Panel of all the participants, led by VBDO and ClientEarth