There is no doubt we need to accelerate the transition from fossil to renewable energy. But how do we ensure that we make this transition as fair as possible, with the lowest possible negative impact on people and nature?
A Bottom Line must be established and monitored, a clear limit indicating where and how mining may occur so that the damage to people and nature is limited and remains within set boundaries.
Closing the non-financial data gap in the energy transition
The summer of 2023 marked the first deadline for financial institutions to disclose information under the Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR).
Several financial institutions have indicated that they still have difficulty collecting the required data. During the seminar, we will discuss the role of investors in this transition. We will also discuss how to close the non-financial data gap regarding transition minerals.
Moderator: Jacqueline Duiker (VBDO)
- 13:00 | Introduction | Jacqueline Duiker (sr. Sustainability Manager, VBDO) & BNP Paribas
- 13:10 | Managing impacts with Impact Accounting | Werner Schouten (Director at Impact Economy Foundation)
- 13:35 | Engaging Multi-Stakeholder Groups to Enhance Transparency and Accountability in Mining | Jaybee Garganera (Director of Alyansa Tigil Mina Philippines)
- 13:55 | 15 min break
- 14:10 | Short film Sulawesi Nickel Mining
- 14:20 | Impact reporting for the mining sector, assessing impacts and enhancing transparency in the value chain | Rebecca Burton (Deputy Director, IRMA)
14:50 BREAK OUT SESSIONS – Join a working group on:
- Navigating Sustainable Value Creation in the Energy Transition: An Impact-Focused Approach | VBDO
- Enhancing Multi-Stakeholder Engagement for Ecological Sustainability in the Energy Transition | IUCN NL
- Implementing Impact Accounting for a socially responsible energy transition | Impact Economy Foundation
- Elevating Transparency and Non-Financial Reporting in Mining: The Role of IRMA | IRMA
- 15:40 | Feedback on breakout sessions by moderator Jacqueline Duiker and speakers
- 16:10 | Closing
- 16:15 | Drinks
About Bottom Line!
This event is organised as part of the Bottom Line! program, which is created to facilitate a fair energy transition. Bottom Line! commits to limiting negative impact on people and nature wherever and whenever possible, both in the Netherlands as well as the countries where raw materials are extracted.
You can register for the seminar via the registration button below. You will immediately receive a confirmation of registration by e-mail. Shortly before the start of the event, you will receive a message from us about choosing a break-out session.Sign up